Life after Diogie

In our lounge chair doing work on the porch overlooking the lake. He loved being on the porch and watching everything(so he could find something/one to bark at). I happened to be in the way with my lounger. He decided to be a lap dog and climb up. He was a gentle giant.
We'd been thru some stuff together.  Too many memories to put into words. So here's some pics
Some ways things are different
1. Alone watching tv but really alone for the first time in 13 yrs. Theres people around and the cat upstairs, but diogie would watch me at all times. He felt like a safety blanket.
No more buying squeakers for him to get excited about.
Today when i opened my eyes and everyday got a bright excited greeting....yeay your awake. He wasnt there. It was just quiet. Since moving in with my mom 4 months ago he'd sart breathing all excited for me to get up and let him go outside to see my mom and sister.
What do I do with my leftovers now?  13 years of sharing my extras has me trained. Its like being married u get so used to it you don't know what life was like before. So do I get another dog to replace the hole hes leaving or try to go back to when I was 23- 15 years ago and try to remember how empty life is without a dog. I didn't know any better then. Life after is so different.  Not any dog will do though. Mine came when he was called, knew at least 10 words and commands. He didnt beg and was trained to not even look at me when I eat, but wait till I was done.
I trained him from day 1 to be a gentleman. It took years of training, and, "do u want the crate?" He never did and it was just being separated in the bathroom for a few minutes but he was a sensitive dog. 
He loved to cuddle and give hugs. My moms dogs are like cats and do everything on their terms. He would "come up" for 11 years untill his hips got too stiff, then he could only get on the futon or couch. We had our routine. He would cuddle for 5 mins then go to the end of the bed till he fell asleep.
My mom was right this is the hardest loss I've ever had. He was my child I'd sacrifice anything so he wouldnt feel any pain. I gave all of myself to another being for 13 yrs. It doesnt matter he wasn't human. He was better and thats why its so painful.

Comments

  1. Megan and Katy and also the family I send my deepest sympathy and condolence you always be missed and Always Be Loved especially your warm and comforting hugs when I was upset you made me feel better rest in peace fly high with angels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks cheryl im glad he helped u! He was the best at cheering people up always so positive and happy.

      Delete
  2. This blog is so sweet! I Love it. Hopefully more memories to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes its really helping me grieve to express the lonliness of not having his presence around 24-7

      Delete

Post a Comment